Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
DESCRIPTION: Vitamin B12 deficiency can be life-threatening. Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/videos/did-a-vegan-diet-kill-this-baby/ and he’ll answer it! Check out my blog post Vegan B12 Deficiency: Putting It into Perspective (http://nutritionfacts.org/blog/2011/08/25/vegan-b12-deficiency-putting-it-into-perspective/) to put this terrible tragedy into context. Tomorrow’s (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/american-vegans-placing-babies-at-risk/) video-of-the-day will address how commonly vegans in the United States place their infants at risk by failing to supplement their diet with vitamin B12 based on studies published recently in the Journal of Pediatrics (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20400092) and the Journal of the AMA (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21427371).
Image Credit: Leonard John Matthew and Georges Charrières via Flickr.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org