Today we welcome you to the delicious adventure of making your own homemade hot sauce! Hot sauce is a very popular condiment in many cultures around the world, known for its powerful flavor and its ability to add a touch of heat to any dish. Whether you’re looking for a hot sauce to go with your tacos, nachos, or chicken wings, or just to add a little extra flavor to other meals, making your own hot sauce at home can be a truly rewarding experience, especially if you’ve grown your own tomatoes and hot peppers.
The great advantage of making your own hot sauce is that you can customize it to your tastes and spiciness level preferences. From a mild and slightly spicy sauce for those who prefer subtle flavors, to an extra hot sauce for those who love the fire in their mouth, you are the master of flavors and the one who decides the level of spiciness. Plus, making your own hot sauce at home allows you to experiment with different ingredients, creating unique combinations and custom flavors you won’t find in commercial options. Much less if you also use cannabis-infused olive oil!
Spicy sauces, a source of health
Making your own hot sauce is a creative and exciting process. You can play with a wide variety of ingredients, such as fresh chiles, spices, herbs, onions, garlic, lemon, and vinegar, to create a sauce that is perfectly suited to your tastes. You can adjust ingredients and amounts to achieve the perfect balance of acidity, sweetness, and spiciness, and experiment with different cooking and blending techniques to achieve the desired texture. Of course, you can also try one type of tomato or another, or with combinations of different peppers…your imagination is the limit!
In addition to the joy of experimenting in the kitchen, making your own hot sauce also has health benefits. A key ingredient in many hot sauces, hot peppers, or chili peppers is capsaicin, a chemical compound that has been shown to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Capsaicin has also been linked to improving digestion, speeding up metabolism, and releasing endorphins, which can improve your mood. So, in addition to enjoying the flavor and excitement of hot sauce, you’ll also reap some health benefits from making it at home.
Have you ever wondered how hot chillies are, or why some peppers taste almost sweet while nibbling on others can set your taste buds on fire? If you like it hot and are passionate about “fiery” flavours, this article explains the Scoville scale, the most common way to measure the degree of hotness of different peppers, which is caused by the presence of a compound called capsaicin.
Cannabis Hot Sauce Recipe
Here we present a simple and delicious basic recipe for tomato hot sauce that you can prepare at home with a few ingredients and kitchen tools. You can of course use cannabis-infused olive oil to prepare this recipe, or simply use any vegetable oil and stick with a more classic version of it. You can find a quick and easy way to prepare cannabis oil in our Marijuana Pizza recipe.
Let’s see what you will need to cook your sauce:
- Blender or food processor
- Cutting board
- Medium pot
- Airtight container to store the sauce
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 small white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 fresh hot peppers
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cannabis oil
Step by step preparation
- Wash the tomatoes, onion, and peppers that you have chosen. Cut the tomatoes and onion into quarters and chop the chiles into small pieces. Peel the garlic cloves.
- In a medium saucepan, place the tomatoes, onion, peppers, and peeled garlic cloves. Add enough water to cover the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are tender and soft.
- Once the tomatoes are nice and soft, use a ladle to scoop the ingredients out of the pot and place them in the blender or food processor. Add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of salt. At this point you can choose to add a bit of your cannabis oil or not, as you like.
- Blend or process the ingredients until you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a bit of water to get the desired consistency.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the amount of salt and sugar according to your taste. If you want a spicier sauce, you can add more peppers.
- Pour the sauce into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- And ready! You already have your delicious homemade spicy tomato sauce. Enjoy it with your favorite foods!
Options to use your cannabis hot sauce
Here are some recommendations for cooking dishes that you can combine with the sauce you just prepared, to add a touch of flavor and spiciness to your meals.
- Tacos and nachos: Tacos are a perfect option to combine with hot sauce, just like their faithful companions, nachos. You can make carne asada, chicken, fish, or vegetable tacos, and add a spoonful of spicy tomato sauce to enhance its flavor. The acidity of the tomato and the heat of the sauce will perfectly complement the flavors of the taco ingredients, giving it a delicious and spicy touch. If you combine your hot sauce with guacamole, the result can be spectacular.
- Eggs: Eggs are a versatile food that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. You can add the tomato chutney as a side to your scrambled eggs, fried eggs, or in an omelet. The sauce will add an exciting flavor to the eggs, turning your breakfast or brunch into a spicy and savory experience.
- Burgers: If you’re a burger lover, tomato sauce can be a fantastic condiment to give them extra flavor. Add a dollop of hot sauce to your burger, whether it’s beef, chicken, or turkey, and enjoy the contrast of flavors between the juicy meat and the spiciness of the sauce.
- Soups and Stews: If you like comfort food, hot sauces can also be a great addition to your soups and stews. You can add a tablespoon of sauce to your lentil soup, chili, or beef stew for a spicy kick and increased depth of flavor to your dish.
- Pizza: If you are a fan of pizza, your sauce can be an interesting option to add a spicy touch. You can spread a thin layer of hot sauce over the pizza crust before adding the toppings and cheese. The result will be a pizza with a bold and spicy flavor that is sure to make you salivate…
- Rice dishes: Rice dishes, such as fried rice, chicken rice, or vegetable rice, can also benefit from the addition of tomato chutney. You can mix the hot sauce into the rice or use it as a dipping sauce. The spicy flavor of tomato will add an exciting twist to your usual rice dishes.
Remember to adjust the ingredients to your level of tolerance for spiciness, so that you can fully enjoy your meals without the inconvenience of overdoing it with spiciness, something that as you may know is not pleasant at all! Also, it’s always a good idea to taste the hot sauce first before adding it to your dishes to make sure the amount is right for your palate. If it has been too spicy, you can always add a little more tomato and water and blend the mixture again.
The articles published by Alchimiaweb, S.L. are reserved for adult clients only. We would like to remind our customers that cannabis seeds are not listed in the European Community catalogue. They are products intended for genetic conservation and collecting, in no case for cultivation. In some countries it is strictly forbidden to germinate cannabis seeds, other than those authorised by the European Union. We recommend our customers not to infringe the law in any way, we are not responsible for their use.