In the world of cannabis cultivation, the quality of fertilizers and nutrients plays an essential role in the success of your harvest. Among the numerous options available on the market, the Hesi brand has stood out as a benchmark in the industry for decades, and today we want to continue with our series of posts dedicated to explaining the ins and outs of the feed charts from different brands that we offer you in our store precisely with Hesi.
In this article, we will explore in detail their growing charts, dosages, and secrets behind the products of this Dutch brand. Whether you are a beginner enthusiast or an experienced grower, this guide will give you a complete overview of how to maximize your yields using the different ranges proposed by Hesi. Get ready to discover how to take your cannabis plants to the next level with Hesi!
Hesi range of fertilizers and additives
Next, we are going to see what products the Hesi fertilizer brand offers us and how it organizes them in its catalog, which basically consists of 3 different ranges: cultivation in soil, in hydroponics, and in coco coir. As you will see, using these products is really simple, and the results you will achieve will be first class; Not in vain is it a brand with decades of experience, which began its activity in the sector in 1996. Let’s see what ranges Hesi presents:
Hesi Soil Range
This range consists of 3 fertilizers and 4 additives, distributed between the growth and flowering periods of the plants. However, as you will see there are two products that you will use during both phases, SuperVit and Power Zyme. Let’s start with the 3 fertilizers:
- Hesi TNT Complex: This is the base fertilizer for the growth phase (18/6 in indoor crops), from seedlings and cuttings to mother plants. Its composition includes an N-P-K value of 6-2-4. In addition, it contains macro and microelements such as magnesium, calcium, iron, copper, manganese, zinc, boron, iodine, molybdenum, and cobalt (in vitamin B12) in the form of linked complexes, with an extra contribution of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B12 and amino acids.
- Hesi Bloom Complex: In this case, we have the base fertilizer for the flowering stage (12/12 indoors), a rich mixture of nutrients specially formulated for this critical phase of the plant’s life. In addition to an N-P-K content of 4-3-5, it also provides magnesium, calcium, sulfate, trace elements such as iron, manganese, zinc, copper, boron, molybdenum, iodine, and cobalt in the form of linked compounds, and finally vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, sugars of plant origin and amino acids.
- Hesi Phosphorus Plus: The last fertilizer in this range is a PK booster rich in phosphorus and potassium and designed to maximize the formation of huge, dense flowers. Its PK 13-14 composition is the classic one, used in many other similar products.
Root flushing at the end of cultivation is a common practice among many growers, especially those using hydroponic systems or mineral nutrients. However, in recent years several studies have come to light that would question the effectiveness of this method. Today we delve into this topic and we tell you in detail the conclusions reached by these investigations.
Let’s now look at the 4 additives that Hesi recommends for growing in soil:
- Hesi Root Complex: A powerful cocktail specially designed to ensure healthy, fast, and effective root growth, improving the assimilation of nutrients and the activity of microbial life in the soil. Contains trace elements (iron, manganese, zinc, copper, boron, molybdenum, iodine, and cobalt in the form of linked complexes), vitamins B1, B2, and B12, folic acids, vegetable sugars, amino acids (glycine, histidine, tryptophan) and enzymes.
- Hesi SuperVit: This is one of Hesi’s most popular products, which is also used throughout the crop. Its formulation contains 25 vitamins and amino acids especially useful for the development of plants, reinforcing the production of flowers and resin while activating hormonal activity in both growth and flowering.
- Hesi Power Zyme: Here we have an extract of enzymes obtained from natural fermentation and also used throughout the entire crop, from seed to harvest or if you are going to do it, the final root washing. A perfect way to stimulate root growth, increase plant resistance, eliminate harmful compounds in the substrate, activate beneficial microorganisms in the growing medium, and accelerate the absorption of nutrients by the plant.
- Hesi Boost: Finally, this flowering enhancer stimulates the plant to produce more buds and flowers, and larger and heavier ones. It can be used both in irrigation and as a foliar spray, always trying not to spray the buds or fruits when they are already developed. It contains concentrated fruit enzymes, 1% Phosphorus (P2O5), and 1% Potassium (K2O), as well as minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, molybdenum, and selenium. In addition, it also provides your plants with vitamins B1, B3, and B6, and plant sugars such as honeydew and alginic acid.
Hesi Hydro range
As in the previous case, this range includes 3 base fertilizers for the different phases of development (growth, flowering, and PK) and 4 additives, the same ones that we have already seen in the previous range. Let’s look at the 2 fertilizers in the Hesi Hidro range for growth and flowering (the third is the PK booster that we’ve already seen):
- Hesi Hydro Growth: This base fertilizer specially designed for the growth phase provides everything necessary for rapid development in hydroponic growing systems. With an NPK 3-2-4 and rich in magnesium, calcium, sulfur, and trace elements such as iron, manganese, zinc, copper, boron, molybdenum, iodine, and cobalt in the form of linked compounds, it also contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B12, vegetable sugars and amino acids.
- Hesi Hydro Bloom: In this case, we have the base fertilizer for the flowering phase, with an NPK 3-4-5, richer in phosphorus and potassium, it contains the same macro and micro elements as the previous one, as well as the same vitamins, sugars and amino acids.
This post shows the main deficiencies and excesses of macro and micro-nutrients that can affect our cannabis plants during their cultivation. If you detect deficiencies or excesses in your cannabis plants, you can now learn how to prevent them and treat them in following crops.
Hesi Coco range
Once again, we find 3 fertilizers (TNT Complex, Hesi Coco, and PK) and the 4 additives that we have seen in the rest of the ranges. Let’s see which are the products in this range that we have not yet seen, which in fact is the base fertilizer specially formulated for growing in coco coir.
- Hesi Coco: This is a base fertilizer for growing in coconut that can be used throughout the crop, both during growth and flowering. However, Hesi recommends using its TNT Complex for the vegetative phase and reserving Hesi Coco for flowering. Its NPK is 3-4-5, and it also contains all the macronutrients, additional calcium, magnesium, trace elements, vitamins, and essential amino acids.
How to use Hesi grow charts
Below we present the cultivation table for each of the ranges offered by Hesi: Soil, Hydro, and Coco. As always, you will see that the table presents all the necessary fertilizers and additives on the left, separating the two phases of growth and flowering and proposing that the final root washing begins in the eighth week of flowering. As we always tell you, if your plant, for example, is going to need 12 weeks of flowering, you simply have to continue with the diet that you see in the seventh week until the moment in which you want to start the final root washing, if you are going to do it (we recommend it).
Hesi Soil feeding chart
As you can see, during the growth phase (first weeks with 18/6 photoperiod) you are going to use the base fertilizer (TNT Complex), the Root Complex, SuperVit, and Power Zyme, these last two being the only ones that you will use throughout the cultivation, also in the flowering stage. You can use these doses for small plants or recently rooted clones as well as for mother plants or plants that will soon begin flowering. Keep in mind that Hesi Boost is used during the first week in this phase, pausing during the second and third to resume its application from the fourth and onwards, until the roots are flushed. During flowering, and apart from using Hesi Boost, the base fertilizer is replaced with that of this phase and Hesi Roots continues to be used during the first week. From the fourth week onwards, Phosphorus Plus begins to be applied to maximize bud development until the final root wash is reached.
Hesi Hydro feeding chart
As you can see, this table is very similar to the previous one, something that characterizes Hesi. During growth, we will use the same products as in soil cultivation except for the base fertilizer, which in this case will be Hesi Hydro Growth and Hesi Hydro Flowering, the two exclusive fertilizers for this range dedicated to hydroponics. Also as in the previous case, keep in mind the pause that must be taken with Hesi Boost during the second and third weeks of flowering.
Hesi Coco feeding chart
In this case, we see a cultivation table exactly the same as the one for cultivation in soil with the exception of replacing the base fertilizer for flowering (Flowering Complex) with the one formulated for coco coir, Hesi Coco. Apart from this small change, the same doses and times are followed, again with SuperVit and Power Zyme as the only two products used throughout the cultivation.
The articles published by Alchimiaweb, S.L. are reserved for adult clients only. We would like to remind our customers that cannabis seeds are not listed in the European Community catalogue. They are products intended for genetic conservation and collecting, in no case for cultivation. In some countries it is strictly forbidden to germinate cannabis seeds, other than those authorised by the European Union. We recommend our customers not to infringe the law in any way, we are not responsible for their use.